Sunday 18 November 2007

The Hiccup cont'd (see Traveller Insight)

I have been informed that Italian Kitchen people have sent my sister (in Vancouver) a $150 gift certificate to make up for the Hiccup I described here before. My sister tells me that they will also add a couple of appetizers. I'm glad to see the parent company responded in a way that is commensurate with the restaurant's category (high end). The certificate should cover dinner for two. I don't know if I will use it or whether my sister will use it before my next visit to Vancouver (next February). What's important is to see how it will turn out when the certificate is used (quality of food, friendliness of staff, location of the table, etc.). If all goes well the restaurant will have gained us back. The point being that for a small investment (the price of dinner for two), the restaurant shows real customer service orientation and enhances its reputation as responsive to customer complaints. I can tell you that the gesture is appropriate so I will go back to the Italian Kitchen or any of its sister restaurants (Sanafir on Granville is very good, the Coast in Yaletown) when in Vancouver. Hopefully, I will not get the hiccups again.
Cheers,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment