Monday 17 November 2008

Lots of networking opportunities at PhoCusWright

One of the benefits of attending PhoCusWright is the opportunity to meet and talk to many interesting experts in digital marketing and distribution services whether it is a trip planning website, booking software for adventure travel, software as service providers, mobile advertising and trip planning services and many others.

In the picture I am with Reuven Levitt, CEO of TripBase, an interesting travel website with an interesting model. Instead of helping you plan a trip to a specific destination, TripBase asks you what you would like to do at a destination and based on your input it will recommend various destinations for you to choose from. At the moment TripBase is in Beta. I tried a search for fun but I only got back 5 recommendations: San Francisco, Portland, Sydney, London and Paris. I was surprised not to see New York, since New York is the actual place I will be going on the dates I used for the search. I do like the model and think it has great potential. From a Canadian Tourism perspective, if TripBase becomes huge the challenge for Canadian destinations is to make sure that they come up on the recommendations. TripBase.

Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment