Tuesday 18 November 2008

BazaarVoice, another interesting company I met at PhoCusWright

BazaarVoice is a software as service company that offers ready to use tools to add Web 2.0 to companies in just about any sector. BazaarVoice offers three core product/services: Ratings and Reviews, Ask & Answer and Stories. For the travel industry I believe the most useful service is Ratings and Reviews followed by Stories. These two services can be managed by BazaarVoice thereby freeing up human resources (and therefore cash). Ask & Answer is not as easy to outsource because responders must be experts in the destination. I have not used the service and this is NOT a paid plug for BazaarVoice, but from my interview with Greg Brown and Jonathan Wolf at PhoCusWright 2008 (photo) I got a good impression for the company and I think it deserves a look. In addition, BazaarVoice already has prominent Canadian corporate clients in the retail space. I invited them to consider going to Toronto next January to attend Canada-e-Connect where they can network with Canadian tourism industry players. It seems to me that if they offer these services at a cost effective price there should be Canadian travel organizations, be it DMO's or tourism businesses interested in this kind of outsourced Web 2.0 capabilities. Check them out at BazaarVoice.
-
Jaime Horwitz MBA

No comments:

Post a Comment