Monday 13 August 2007

Wow. Vancouver in a Sunny Day.

Doing the tourist thing in Vancouver (some phantom shopping trying out clients' products and services) and visiting family while working at the same time. Being in the tourism industry has its privileges. I've been having a great time. The weather has been spectacular and neither hot nor cold. Vancouver on a sunny day can make the most experienced traveller jealous of not living in this spectacular city. There's a strike going on in the city, but so far I haven't noticed any problems for tourism. I have seen many Hispanic tourists out and about (mostly Mexicans - whom I recognize by their accents). You can't walk one block on Robson street without seeing some Mexican family carrying several shopping bags. Bienvenidos! I've done some shopping myself - had to go to the Richard Kidd store in Gastown - and my daughter had a ball with her cousin shopping on Robson and at the Pacific Centre Mall. Vancouver is looking good. And I have a lot of new content and content ideas for Vancouver en EspaƱol.com. I have also met several American tourists at the hotels we've stayed at (Holiday Inns) and they seemed very happy with their visits. I am very curious to know what the tourism numbers will be for this summer, hopefully very good.
Cheers,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment