Saturday 11 August 2007

Back in Vancouver a jewel of the Pacific Northwest

I am very happy to be back in Vancouver, British Columbia. I am here on a business and vfr trip. Yesterday, I visited Granville Island with my three favourite women in the world: my wife, my daughter and my Mother (who happens to live in Port Coquitlam, a suburb of Vancouver). We had a great time in Granville Island, a wonderful spot. Vancouverites should be very proud of Granville Island (its galleries, studios, community centre, marina and its great public market). I hadn't been here in some time and I was very impressed once again. Canada never ceases to surprise and excite me as I travel to new places and revisit old one. On a sunny day like the one we had yesterday, walking about the shops and the market, having dinner at a restaurant like Sammy Peppers, shopping in quaint stores like Edie Hats with my girls, being a tourist again, I not only enjoy myself very much and feel very grateful for being Canadian, but I also become reassured that our tourism potential is unlimited. I am confident and passionate that with the right marketing approach Canada can attract over one million Hispanic tourists annually from the US, Spain and Mexico (plus many more if we include South America). This particular trip will help me to improve Canada en Español's coverage of Vancouver and continue work on the new Spanish site ColombiaBritanica.com (launching in the Fall). I am also happy to have the opportunity to meet with fellow tourism professionals from the West Coast.
Viva Vancouver! Viva Canadá!
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment