Sunday 19 August 2007

And speaking of Exploring. Campbell River and the Wonderful Discovery Islands - something new to tell Hispanic Travelers about. Wow!

Looking for Wow Places and Experiences. Staying several days on Vancouver Island to spend time with the family and explore different places to create content for my future ColombiaBritanica.com website, I have had a great time, even without the perfect weather we had in Vancouver a few days ago. Weather wise, it has been very strange, but in a very good way. It's been cloudy and rainy (except for today, which was spectacular when I went on a whale watching tour to Campbell River), but every time we stopped to take pictures or visit a spot (like Little Qualicom Falls), it stopped raining. I have been touring Courtenay (where my wife's Mother lives), Comox, Qualicom, Parksville, Coombs and Campbell River. My favourite so far is Campbell River. A couple of days ago I went with my wife and daughter to have lunch at the Painter's Lodge resort (actually April Point across the water ) and have a look around Campbell River. It was cloudy and rainy, but the sky did clear a bit - enough for us to take some pictures and some video. Today, I went back to Campbell River by myself to go on a whale watching tour with Aboriginal Journeys on a Zodiac. I found them through the Web and local publications. Because of the weather, I made a last minute booking (the trips at Painter's Lodge were sold out) but it worked out alright. I made it to the marina on time and got a great seat next to the Zodiac's Captain (a friendly guy by the name of Elvis - yup, like the singer). It did not take long to make contact with some Orcas, something I personally like very much (I really like marine mammals and big cats for some reason). The weather today was spectacular - many great images for my upcomong site, but also a feeling of discovery. I know this area of Canada is not easily accessible and it's not for mass tourism - but it is an amazing spot - another Wow region of Canada to promote to those Hispanic travellers, who want to get away from their big cities - be it Santiago, Buenos Aires, Caracas, Bogota, Madrid or Mexico City - and experience nature like only Canada can provide. I look forward to seeing more of this incredible Province starting with Tofino and Ucluelet tomorrow and Tuesday.
I Love Canada!
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment