Monday 20 August 2007

Just when I thought I had seen enough beauty, I arrive in Tofino.

I have a new kind of slogan for Canada (or my Canada if you will). Canada: Beautiful. If Spain is passion, Mexico is beach, Italy is art, the US is big and flashy - then Canada is beautiful. Some may think this is sort of clicheish, but I don't care. Canada is so vast, so rich, so amazing that we will never be able to encapsulate it in one word or one phrase. Perhaps from this point of view, the "Keep Exploring" brand makes a lot of sense. And as people keep exploring this place we call Canada they will inevitably discover more beauty. Why am I saying this now? Well, those of you from BC will understand right away. I am in Tofino, BC a veritable Canadian Paradise. I am here with my family for a very short period of time (my mistake), but in the few hours we've been here, I have discovered two very important things - 1) not enough time to do everything we would like to do and 2) the food is awesome (or at least the crab I had for dinner was). Since I am supposed to be with my wife at the moment (there's only so much blogging your spouse will take - although she's happily reading a book nearby - here at the Middle Beach Resort) - I will stop now - but promise to write about the experience and some traveler insights - By the way Tofino is named after an 18th Century Spanish explorer and cartographer, Vicente TofiƱo from Cadiz, South of Spain - perhaps an auspicious sign for Hispanic inbound tourism to Canada.
Saludos,


Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment