Thursday 6 March 2008

Tourism Bloggers Summit in Berlin continued

The first day of the PhoCusWright Bloggers Summit was very interesting for my first time participating. I did not know what to expect by attending, so initially I just focussed on paying attention and listening. The sessions were thought provoking and I think I came away with some interesting bits of knowledge that may be worth exploring for possible applications for my eTourism business.
-
However, one of the key issues that has stuck with me is the confusion that exists between Tourism INDUSTRY Bloggers and Tourism Travel Bloggers, i.e. those who write for the general public as oppose to the former who write for the industry. When non-technology or industry insiders hear the term Bloggers in the context of the travel industry they probably think of Travel Bloggers. I think we must make the distinction more clear.
-
Well, I'm running a bit late for the second day which consists of attending the PhoCusWright Conference at ITB, Success in Travel eBusiness, an interesting event that focuses on eTourism, techonology and tourism strategy. I will be reporting here on those topics that I may find relevant for the Canadian Tourism Industry, with an emphasis on the small and medium enterprise. For more information and to read other bloggers' thoughts on this summit visit the Tips from the T-List ITB 2008 website.

Cheers,

Jaime

Share on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment