Saturday 7 February 2009

Sweden, Bjorn, the Winter Games and the Big Idea

At the recently concluded Canada-e-Connect eTourism Strategy 2009 conference, Terry O'Reilly, adman, enabler, radio personality and raconteur extraordinaire, talked about the Big Idea in communications whether it's in an ad, a blog post, a prosumer video or a multi-million advertising campaign. His presentation was entitled "Ideas Move Mountains." Here's an idea on video I found on the home page of the CommunityofSweden social networking site. I don't know what the genesis of the idea is, but I think Terry would agree with me, it's good. Perhaps risqué for Canadian sensitivities, but this YouTube video makes the point in a very...well...why don't you see it and decide for yourself. Oh and by the way, this particularly idea may or may not move mountains, but it certainly went to a few mountain peaks. It certainly sparked my interest in Sweden's Åre and Östersund ski destinations.
-

(unfortunately, if he goes, I may not see Bjorn in Vancouver in 2010 because I did not get a single ticket from the games' lottery, which by the way upsets me to no end)

By the way, if you have any great ideas you may want to share or any big ideas you may have seen in tourism marketing let me know and if I agree with you, I'll blog about them.

Jaime Horwitz

www.canadamigos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment