Tuesday 3 February 2009

Shout out of thanks to TIAC and Minister of State for Small Business and Tourism the Hon. Diane Ablonczy

I have been a member of the Tourism Industry Association of Canada since 1999. I originally joined the association in order to meet people in the industry; to talk to them about the potential of the Mexican and other Hispanic markets for Canadian Tourism and; to hopefully generate business for my Spanish language sites. But I soon learned that being a member provided me with much more than the opportunity to network with tourism leaders. I've learned a lot by attending TIAC's events over the years and I've made some good friends. Ever since I went to my first TIAC conference, which are now caled TIAC's Leadership Summits, I kept hearing about the need for more Federal Government support for the industry; about more funding for the national marketing organization, the Canadian Tourism Commission; about making government aware and understanding of Canada's tourism industry's contribution to our economy; about the need for a National Tourism Industry Strategy. So, as a member of this industry that I love, I am very pleased (more like happy) that the current Government of Canada has finally heard us, especially in the current economic environment (see media release from TIAC below: $800 Million...)
-
Much of the credit has to go to the Tourism Industry Association of Canada under the leadership of Randy Williams, of course, but also and especially to our Minister of State for Small Business and Tourism the Hon. Diane Ablonczy, whom I had the privilege to meet last November (photo above). I believe this government is the first one to have created a Minsitry for Tourism and this deserves our gratitude as well. Ms. Ablonczy has demonstrated an undeniable commitment to the Canadian Tourism industry. Her curiosity and willingness to , learn about the issues that affect our industry are commendable. Her determination in putting our needs at the budget table are very much appreciated. I also understand that she supports having a National Tourism Strategy, and if her achievements to date are any indication, I do believe we'll finally have one in the next few years (or sooner)
-
At the risk of sounding too much like a politician (which I am definitely not), as the owner of a Small Business and as a member of the Canadian Tourism Industry, I want to express my thanks to Ms. Ablonczy and to everyone at TIAC: Merci beaucoup, Thank you and Muchas Gracias. A strong and vibrant tourism sector in Canada can not only be benefitial to my business, but also to me and my family as a Canadians.
-
Jaime Horwitz MBA
Cactus Rock New Media Ltd.
the Canadá en Español Network
www.canadaenespanol.ca
CanadAmigos Social Network

No comments:

Post a Comment