Monday 16 July 2007

O Canada

It literally brought tears to my eyes. It also brought a dificult-to-describe joy. But most of all, it brought in me an enormous sense of gratitude to the gods of destiny, the vicissitudes of life, karma or whatever you wish to call it, for being Canadian, albeit one who, like millions, was not born in this country. I am referring to the National Capital Commission's Light and Sound show on Parliament Hill, The Spirit of Canada. It also reminded me why I am so passionate about marketing Canada. The truth is I am in love with this country "from sea to sea to sea." And, Latin, as I am, what I love I want to tell people about. In the past six days I have been in Montreal and Ottawa, where I am writing this post before I return to Toronto tomorrow. Besides the excitement of great soccer matches, I have had the opportunity to revisit these two great cities of central Canada and meet new friends in the industry I hadn't met in person. Montréal. Wow! Mon Dieu, une belle ville! Every time I go to Montréal I find myself short of time. I never stay long enough, always leave wanting more. The Main, St. Denis, Mont Royal, la Esplanade, the river. And Ottawa? The History, The Rideau Canal on a sunny day, Byward Market on a summer afternoon. The Light & Sound show! The Changing of the Guard (particularly meaningful these days). In short, besides enjoying the visits personally I have a lot of new material for Montréal en Español.com and Ottawa en Español.com (I have seen lots of Hispanic tourists, by the way, e.g. a group from Chicago visiting to see Mexico in the Fifa U-20 Cup and a family from New York, in Ottawa to see Argentina play). In August I will be visiting British Columbia spending several days in Vancouver and several more in Vancouver Island. It will be a working Holiday visiting family and friends and working on material for a new website I will launch in the Fall, ColombiaBritanica.com Wishing You a Great Summer. Saludos,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment