Wednesday 25 April 2007

Canada's Seven Wonders

The CBC radio show Sounds Like Canada is looking for Canada's Seven Wonders. Since no Canadian attraction made it to the short list for the New Seven Wonders of The World, it seems fitting that someone is trying to do something about it. Having moved to Canada about 18 years ago, I am a professional tourist of sorts. I am in love with Canada and not ashamed to admit it. But even though I have been to every region in Canada, I have only seen a tiny, tiny fraction of its almost ten million square kilometres. Nevertheless, at this time I have come up with my 7 candidates for Canada's Seven Wonders. 7 wonders is a very small number. I have a list of 22 top attractions in Canada listed in our Turisticanada website and I'm sure we'll be adding more soon. Many of these are wonders. Anyhow, according to the show's creators your nominee does not neccesarily need to be a landmark or an icon. "Maybe it has a natural beauty. Perhaps it's because of the wildlife. It could be the people who live there. It's up to you. In short, tell us why your special place should be one of the 'Wonders of Canada.'" Here are my nominees, what do you think? Meat Cove, Cape Breton NS; Maligne Lake, Jasper AB; Old Quebec City, QC; CN Tower, Toronto, ON; Louisbourg, Cape Breton, NS;, Long Beach, Tofino BC; and Cirque du Soleil (not a place, but what a Wonder!).
Saludos, Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment