Sunday 12 September 2010

TIFF

I have been attending the Toronto International Film Festival on and off for 17 years or so. In fact I'm writing this post from the cinema theatre where I'm waiting to see "Deep Into the Woods," a French film. I love film. In another life I wanted to be a filmmaker - got a university degree in Film and worked in commercial production for a few years. But I digress. I felt like writing this post because while I was in the line up, I remembered Sid Lee's Bertrand Cesvet's book "Conversational Capital" and its 8 engines of Conversational (I think its 8).. No other event or festival in Canada generates more conversational capital than TIFF. The Fest illustrates elements of all or most engines. It really didn't have the "odd sensory oddity" before, but now with its new headquarters, the Bell Lightbox building with its new state of the art cinemas and exhibits, TIFF will cover that engine. TIFF is an example of what great cities can create and grow, but by cities I mean the citizens not the government or the tourism board.

Movie's about to start. More later....

Jaime


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment