Friday 24 July 2009

Via Rail goes on strike, because of course, Canadian Tourism does not need more challenges.

I am somewhat beside myself when it comes to what I do for a living day in and day out, which is to promote Canada to foreign visitors from more than twenty Spanish speaking countries. Is it time to throw in the towel and put all my faith in the Lottery Corporation? How much can the canadian tourism industry take? Worst recession in decades in the United States, a Global economic slowdown, a high dollar and all it implies, the H1N1 fear and its impact on travel, Toronto civil workers on strike for over a month making many parts of Toronto veritable cesspools, weatherwise - one of the worst Julys on record in many parts of Canada, and earlier today Via Rail engineers went on strike (Via cancelled all services as of July 24)...I'm sorry, but I think at this time is appropriate to say !&#\*/!#:$~}{!#♪
-
Jaime Horwitz

No comments:

Post a Comment