Thursday 11 October 2007

For once Air Canada is making me Happy. Non-stop flights Toronto - Madrid starting June 2008

I was just reading the Tourism Exchange News (you can see the headlines on the left side of this blog), and was very pleasantly surprised that Air Canada is working on a direct flight from Toronto to Madrid and vice-versa (the picture on the left is actually from Sevilla and you can get there by taking the Ave high speed train from Madrid). This should help bring a lot more Spanish visitors to Canada, of course, provided that the airfares are competitive. I am really looking forward to seeing the Spanish inbound numbers grow. I am working on a strategy to expand my own business from Spanish online visitors and making new connections in the Tourism 2.0 space over there. "Subject to government approval, the service to Madrid will begin June 15,2008, with daily, non-stop flights between Toronto and Madrid using a Boeing 767-300. It will be the only non-stop service between Toronto and Madrid. Timed for convenient connections, AC836 will depart at 9:30 p.m. and arrive in Madrid at 10:55 a.m. local time. AC837 will depart Madrid at 12:30 p.m. and arrive in Toronto at 3:05 p.m. local time." I must admit as well that I am very excited to be able to fly directly to Madrid. Spain is one of my favourite destinations (after Canada, of course) to visit - I mean the food, the art, the culture, the people. Gracias Air Canada, esperemos que funcione.
Olé,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment